YASSS. I am so excited for this new foundation from NARS!! It’s promises radiance, long wear and skincare benefits too. Some days I’m all about the matte look and some days i want that glow. This is definitely a hyped up foundation on YouTube, so before you part with your hard earned cash here’s everything you need to know about the brand new NARS Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation.
What it is:
A foundation with up to 16 hours of lightweight, natural, fade-resistant wear, featuring full-powered radiance to smooth the look of skin.
NARS’ first 16-hour foundation has a lightweight, breathable, fade-resistant formula and features medium-to-full, buildable coverage in 33 skin-matching shades to fit all skin tones and undertones. The transfer-resistant, sweat-resistant formula stays color-true all day, and continues to look fresh and vibrant, as if it was just applied. This formula features superior blendability for an imperceptible effect that looks natural, like skin. It doesn’t look or feel cakey, heavy, drying, or masking. A unique combination of translucent base with micronized amino acid-coated pigments and mineral tone-balancing powders mimic skin’s tone, fusing with it for the closest match. NARS’ Skin Optimizing Complex—a blend of raspberry, apple, and watermelon extracts—helps support skin’s elastic fibers to smooth and improve skin’s appearance over time for optimal radiance.
- 16 hour fade resistant wear
- Transfer resistant
- Doesn’t oxidise
- Medium to full buildable coverage
- Formulated with Skin Optimizing Complex to improve skin
- Weightless texture
- Easy to blend
- Breathable finish
- Features a translucent base with coated pigments to mimic skin’s tone
33 skin-matching shades
- Oslo – fair with pink undertones
- Mont Blanc – light with pink undertones
- Yukon – light with peach undertones
- Gobi – light with yellow undertones
- Salzburg – light with golden undertones
- Deauville – light with neutral balance of pink & yellow undertones
- Vienna – peach undertones for light to medium complexions
- Fiji – yellow undertones for light to medium complexions
- Punjab – medium with golden, peachy undertones
- Patagonia – medium with light peach undertones
- Vallauris – medium with pink undertones
- Santa Fe – medium with peachy undertones
- Sahel – medium with golden peach undertones
- Stromboli – medium with olive undertones
- Vanatu – medium with a neutral balance of yellow and pink undertones
- Barcelona – medium with golden, peachy undertones
- Valencia – medium with golden undertones
- Aruba – neutral for medium to medium-dark complexions
- Syracuse – medium-dark with brown undertones
- Tahoe – medium-dark with caramel undertones
- Moorea – medium-dark with golden olive undertones
- Huahine – medium-dark with peach undertones
- Cadiz – medium-dark with caramel and red undertones
- Caracas – medium-dark with red and golden undertones
- Belem – medium-dark with red and brown undertones
- Macao – medium-dark with yellow undertones
- Marquises – medium-dark with yellow undertones
- Manaus – dark with caramel undertones
- New Caledonia – dark with golden olive undertones
- Iguacu – deep with olive undertones
- Namibia – deep with red undertones
- Zambie – deep with neutral undertones
- Mali – espresso
The packaging is stunning. It comes in a slim glass bottle, similar to the All Day Luminous Weightless packaging. It also comes with a pump which dispenses a small amount of product so it saves your applying way too much product then you need.
I went for the shade Punjab because this is my shade in the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation and it’s a perfect colour for me when I’m not super tanned.
The first time I applied this to my face it was love at first site. The formula is thicker than the Nars Sheer Glow and some of my other foundations. It is super creamy, pigmented and a little goes along way. Although its rich and creamy it spreads like a dream and blends into the skin without any effort at all. I apply 2 pumps with my Morphe M439 brush to achieve a medium-full coverage. The coverage is definitely there without the heaviness. It made my skin look super hydrated and healthy looking and it didn’t highlight any dry patches, texture or pores. I would say the finish is a natural satin finish which gets more ‘radiant’ throughout the day without fading or breaking up. The longest I have worn this foundation was around 12 hours and it lasted really well. The only thing I do notice is my chin and forehead gets slightly oily after around 6 hours so I would need to powder if I wanted to erase that, but it didn’t look awful just extra glowy!
My finial thoughts are if you are super oily you may not love this foundation as it does get more dewy the longer you wear it, however if you are combo or dry I would highly recommend. The overall look this foundation gives is so beautiful and I always have a good make up day when I wear it.
Have you tried the new NARS Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation?
Let me know your thoughts below!